Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Let's Eat! No, Let's Color! No, Let's Eat!




A few years ago I discovered chalkboard fabric...what a brilliant invention. In case you haven't heard of it, this is actually a fabric you can sew with and has the texture of a chalkboard so you can write on it with chalk. It comes in green and black and all I can wonder is...why didn't someone think of this sooner? I created these fun placemats for my niece and nephews and the reverse side is made of chalkboard fabric...unfortunately I wasn't smart enough to get a picture of that side. Trust me though, they were so excited to not only have the chalkboard side, but to have the personalized placemat with a design that is unique to each of them. Something they like, and not just the run of the mill kid's placemat you find at the store. For the cups, I found these plastic cups at Hobby Lobby that have paper inserts for kids to color. I just tossed the paper insert and embroidered a matching piece of fabric with each of their names. Now it's a set....and they each got one for their birthdays!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails